For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother's womb.
Step 1: Watch the Video
To watch in Full Screen, click on the green Rumble Logo on screen to watch via Rumble.com ⤴
This video features abortion policy history, beautiful film footage of life in the womb, doctors describing the effects of chemical abortions, former abortionists explaining abortion using medical animation and fetoscopy, testimonials, and communication training.
An introductory overview of the Tough Topics Abortion Basics Program
Episode 2: Biology: What Is Life in the Womb?The Wonders of God’s Creation—Human Life: Crown of Creationhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBGZatl7GKk© 2022 Moody Publishers & Moody Bible Institute, www.moodypublishers.com
Is the Embryo a Human Person? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=exGd-tynMGE©2023 Healing the Culture, www.healingtheculture.org
Episode 3: Biology: What is Abortion?2nd Trimester Abortion—Dilation and Evacuation (D&E)—What Is Abortion? featuring former abortionist Kathi Aultman MD https://abortionprocedures.com© 2022 Live Action, www.liveaction.org
This is Chemical Abortion https://thisischemicalabortion.com/docuseries/©2023 Students for Life of America www.studentsforlife.org **Teen version in episode 4
Episode 4: Testimonials: What Does Experience Say?Eclipse of Reason featuring actor Charlton Heston and former abortionist Dr. Bernard Nathanson https://vimeo.com/68151234© 2022 Bernadell Inc. All Rights Reserved. (Available for purchase at https://www.amazon.com/Eclipse-Reason-Charlton-Bernard-Nathanson/dp/ B002ZZ0N3C) **Not included in Teen version
HUSH https://projektor.com/u/mightymotionpictures/hushfilm© 2022 Mighty Motion Pictures, www.mightymotionpictures.com
Episode 5: Communication: How Can We Speak the Truth with Compassion?Validation: The Most Powerful Communication Skill You Were Never Taught by Michael Sorensenhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO718ycf9Bk&list=PL-LGeqmlqb6718L6jUpHxlIp9XpTqMU4R&index=11© 2020 Alumni Learning Consortium, www.alumlc.org
When They Say, You Say (Key Pro-Life Arguments) by Olivia Gans-Turnerhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0iWES-2qFgWaterford Pro-LifeWhen They Say, You Sayhttps://ondemand.ewtn.com/paid/Home/Series/catalog/video/en/when-they-say-you-say© 2022 Eternal Word Television Network Inc. www.ewtn.com
1. Excerpt from the Hippocratic Oath by Hippocrates of Kos, Father of Western Medicine [~460BC -~370BC]Hippocrates, Jusjurandum, W.H.S. Jones, Ed.http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0252ImagesAnne-Louis Girodet de Roussy-Trioson; Public domain,via Wikimedia CommonsPaulus Pontius; Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
2. Excerpt From a Letter Attributed to St. Barnabashttps://divineoffice.org/ord-w18-wed-or/ ) Liturgy of the Hours, Vol. IV, p.71ImagesPaolo Veronese; Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons "The Miracle of St. Barnabas" | St. BarnabasBartholomeus Breenbergh; Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
3. Excerpt from Against Apion, Book II, section 199, by Flavius Josephushttps://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0216:book=2:section=199&highlight=abortionImagesWilliam Whiston; Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsRijksmuseum; CC0, via Wikimedia Commons
4. 1920 Russian Public Health AnnouncementBibleMesh Team, https://biblemesh.com/blog/early-evil-the-legalization-of-abortion-in-russia-1920/ Images Photos of Vladimir Lenin, all public domain via Wikimedia CommonsPavel Zhukov | EmirhanEfel | Grigory Petrovich GoldsteinNazi ImageryVancouver Holocaust Education Centre; Public domain,via Wikimedia CommonsUnited States Holocaust Memorial Museum, courtesy of the National Archives and Records Administration, College Park;Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsPerSona77, CC BY-SA 3.0 PL, via Wikimedia Commons
5. Excerpt from the Physicians Oath, developed by the World Medical Association at the 1948 Geneva Convention.https://www.wma.net/what-we-do/medical-ethics/declaration-of-geneva/decl-of-geneva-v1948/ImagesBritish Red Cross; CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia CommonsKevin Quinn, Ohio, US; CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia CommonsRed Cross, Albert Herter; Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
6. Excerpt from Doe v. Bolton Defining HealthDoe v Bolton, 410 U.S. 179 at 192 (1973) See paragraph 28 in this text:https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/410/179%26ampImagesNational Photo Company Collection; Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsNational Museum of the U.S. Navy; Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsMennonite Church USA Archives; No restrictions, via Wikimedia Commons
7. Statistics Regarding Number of Abortion in the US Since Roe and Estimated Number of Late-term Abortionshttps://nrlc.org/uploads/factsheets/FS01AbortionintheUS.pdfhttps://lozierinstitute.org/late-term-abortion-stats/https://lozierinstitute.org/questions-and-answers-on-late-term-abortion/ImagesLorie Shaull from St. Paul, US; CC BY-SA 2.0, via Wikimedia CommonsRobert S. Oakes; Public domain, via Wikimedia Commonsunknown photographer; Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsNational Archives at College Park; Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsNoble36; CC0, via Wikimedia CommonsMichael Del Priore; CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia CommonsBernard Gotfryd; Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsFocus on the Family; CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons
8. The Geneva Consensus Declaration(2020 record of USA as a co-sponsor)https://digitallibrary.un.org/record/3894530?ln=zh_CN (and click on English PDF)(2021 version of the declaration with USA crossed off)https://www.theiwh.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/GCD-Declaration-2021-2.pdfImagesU.S. Department of State; Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsPhoto 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3
9. Excerpt from Dobbs Overruling RoeDobbs page 69ImagesFred Schilling; Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsSteve Petteway; Public domain, via Wikimedia CommonsSamuel Alito | Clarence Thomas
Biographies of Featured Speakers
Olivia Gans Turner
Step 2: Review Important Principles
Created Beings: All humans are precious because they are made in the image of God.
Honesty: Words should be based on reality and clear in meaning.
Charity: Explaining the truth about abortion can help prevent tragedies and lead to healing.
“Care for the person in front of you while you speak for the voiceless.”
- Olivia G. Turner
Step 3: Practice the Role-Play
“Women are made with room for another.”
Scenario #3: Sharing a Service Project Idea
When sharing your idea to run a fundraiser in support of the local Pregnancy Resource Center, you're asked, "Why should we try to help them?"
Scenario #4: Distraught Dad
You're at your part-time job at a hardware store. A newlywed co-worker arrives and looks distraught. There is a lull in customers so you have a little time to talk...
Allow 2 hours: one hour for video, one hour for role-playing.
If parents are present, arrange the room so that the focus is on the youth
(i.e. youth seated in the front, parents in the back)
Present Tough Topics Video Program
Invite the youth to share any initial reactions
(i.e. How did you feel about that? What struck you? Did you learn anything new?)
Break into small groups to act out the scripts
Invite the youth to share personal experiences and collaborate on how the conversation could unfold in light of the material learned
Conclude with prayer
(we recommend this prayer of St. Teresa of Calcutta)
Consider following up with a related service project
St. Teresa of Calcutta
A Prayer of St. Teresa of Calcutta (1910 - 1997 AD)
People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway.
13+ years old, defer to parent’s judgement. A segment of the video program contains strong and explicit material unsuitable for pre-teens. To preview sensitive segments, see sample permission slip.
Prerequisite: Some sex ed covered by parents.
See other age appropriate recommendations in Raising Children of Light.
To search for life affirming help near you such as medical services, financial assistance, work or education opportunities, material and legal support, recovery, mental health, prenatal diagnosis resources and care for children, visit herplan.org
For those suffering in the aftermath of abortion: Project Rachel
Project Rachel is a diocesan-based network of specially trained priests, religious, counselors, and laypersons who provide a team response of care for those suffering in the aftermath of abortion. In addition to referring for Sacramental Reconciliation, the ministry provides an integrated network of services, including pastoral counseling, support groups, retreats and referrals to licensed mental health professionals.
It's normal to grieve a pregnancy loss, including the loss of a child by abortion. It can form a hole in one's heart, a hole so deep that sometimes it seems nothing can fill the emptiness. Be assured that there is forgiveness, hope and healing – many women and men have participated in diocesan Project Rachel Ministries and returned to a loving relationship with God.
For science-based arguments in support of supernatural truths, view free videos such as "The Remarkable Evidence of a Transcendent Soul," and "Science, God, and Creation," available at www.magiscenter.com/videos
For those seeking pregnancy needs near the Diocese of Arlington, VA
Where to find abortion pill reversal in Virginia: https://tepeyacobgyn.com/services/abortion-pill-reversal/
Tepayac OB/GYN (703) 273-9440, select option 6 for more information and to make an appointment during regular business hours.
For free sonograms and general medical needs: https://www.ccda.net/need-help/medical-and-counseling/free-medical-clinic/ free, quality healthcare to low income individuals
free, quality healthcare to low income individuals